Mechanical Engineering Technology
The educational experience of our students is a top priority in our department. To help monitor the effectiveness of our curriculum and the quality of a Buffalo State's Mechanical Engineering Technology Degree, we have formalized and upgraded many of the assessment and evaluation activities which have been a part of our educational program for many years.
Our Program Goals
Offer a high-quality basic education in mechanical engineering technology fundamentals.
Help our students develop the skills required to apply engineering fundamentals to the analysis, synthesis, and evaluation of mechanical engineering technology problems.
Encourage personal development to ensure a lifetime of professional success and an appreciation for the ethical and social responsibilities of a mechanical engineering technologist and a world citizen.
ETAC/ABET Student Learning Outcomes
The program outcomes established for the program are the ETAC of ABET outcome requirements of Criterion 3, (1) through (5), and include the ability to:
- Apply knowledge, techniques, skills and modern tools of mathematics, science, engineering, and technology to solve broadly-defined engineering problems appropriate to the discipline
- Design systems, components, or processes meeting specified needs for broadly-defined engineering problems appropriate to the discipline
- Apply written, oral, and graphical communication in broadly-defined technical and non-technical environments; and an ability to identify and use appropriate technical literature
- Conduct standard tests, measurements, and experiments and to analyze and interpret the results to improve processes
- Function effectively as a member or leader on a technical team