1. A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75 overall, and 3.0 (4.0 scale) in a major such as Mechanical Engineering (ME) or Mechanical Engineering Technology (MET); or the consideration of a degree (MET, ME or other such technician degree) and a minimum combined quantitative/verbal score of 1000 on the Graduate Record Examination (GRE). The department may grant conditional admission to the program, if the minimum requirements are not met. Any additional work requirements or waivers of general prerequisites for admission shall be set by the department at the time of acceptance.
2. A current resume.
3. An application letter which describes what the student is looking to accomplish in this program and how it will help them achieve their career goals.
4. If necessary, an interview with at least two faculty members of the Engineering Technology Department; the Department will contact the applicant to make an appointment for this interview, after the complete application package is received.
5. Three letters of reference, attesting to the applicant’s Mechanical & Manufacturing Technology competence and readiness for this program.
In addition, all applicants should review the Admission to a Graduate Program (http://ecatalog.buffalostate.edu/graduate/ admission-graduate-program) section in this catalog.
1. Obtain application information online at graduateschool.buffalostate.edu/admissions
2. Request sealed official transcripts from all higher education institutions attended and submit them with the complete application packet to Graduate School.
3. Obtain approval from the Graduate Studies Committee, the department chair, and the Graduate School.
Admission applications are not complete until all required forms, documents, and data are received.
Required Courses (15 credit hours) 15
INT 601 ENGINEERING ECONOMY 3
MMT 611 ADVANCED ENGINEERING MODELING 3
MMT 615 SUSTAINABILITY IN DESIGN 3
MMT 620 MANAGING ENGINEERING PROJECTS 3
MMT 675 ADVANCED ENGINEERING SYSTEM DESIGN 3
Elective Courses (9-12 credit hours)
INT 610 MANAGERIAL MARKETING 3
INT 612 QUALITY CONTROL MANAGEMENT 3
All elective courses taken need prior approval from the student's adviser.
Research (3-6 credit hours)
MMT 690 MASTER'S PROJECT 6
Professional Experience (0-6 credit hours)
MMT 685 PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE INTERNSHIP 3
Total Required Credit Hours 30-36
Some content on this page is saved in PDF format. To view these files, download Adobe Acrobat Reader free. If you are having trouble reading a document, request an accessible copy of the PDF or Word Document.